Tuesday, May 4, 2010

It's a Brand New Day!

WOO HOO!!  My  first post!

Today I am "launching" my JDRF Walk to Cure Diabetes Team Blog!  I am very excited!  I plan to use the blog to keep team walkers, sponsors, family, and friends updated on what I'm doing with the team and how we are coming along with our fundraising.  It will also be a informational site on everything Diabetes. I am going to load it with a lot of information and links.  I will also link this blog with my personal blog Sweet To The Soul and our Facebook Group for easy access.


Here is what I am currently working on.

SAVE THE DATE!  Our Walk to Cure Diabetes 2010 is September 18th.  I will be posting an event to invite people join or team, donate or sponsor. There is a link on the side bar to our Fundraising page. Just click on it and you can go there to sign up for the walk, donate, or both.   

TEAM T-SHIRTS   A friend gave me an awesome idea to have a design contest at our  school then I get to pick a design and the winner will get a gift card.  I'm very excited about it!  I will hopefully be  talking to the Principle in the next week to see if we can get things rolling.  My hope is to get the t-shirts completely free of cost.  This will require either getting someone to donate their services, getting corporate sponsors or a combination of both.  So, if anyone has any local connections out there, PLEASE let me know!  

 I want to Thank You for checking out the new blog.  Please feel free to contact me at anytime. There is a link on the sidebar. 

Heather

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! We're organizing a team for Sept too, but our walk is on the 25th. Might "borrow" ideas from here! ;)

Amy